http://www.italydoc.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/0f77StinsonVineyards.jpg
Years ago, I was surprised to taste a wine with an Italian name that was from the Galilee region. At the time I thought it was somewhere in California, settled by particularly religious settlers from Sicily. Nope, it was an Israeli wine from the original Galilee.Someone could have a similar reaction to pulling out a bottle that says Monticello. Italian? No. From somewhere in the New World settled heavily by Italians, like California or Argentina? No. This one bears its name from the home of Thomas Jefferson in Charlottesville, Virginia. I’ve visited a lot of presidential homes and libraries, particularly during the year I worked in Ohio. I even passed up an off-hours dinner with co-workers to zip west to check out the Rutherford…
Read More: Stinson Vineyards of Virginia
venerdì 11 aprile 2014
Stinson Vineyards of Virginia
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento